PROBLEM: Wasting time locating text effect options in the Font
SOLUTION: Save time using text effect options on the Home tab in Word.
Word 2010, 2013 & 2016 – text effect buttons
In previous versions of Word the text effect options could be found on the Font dialog box. Word brings text effect options out on to the Ribbon. To apply text effects:
- Select the text to be formatted.
- On the Home tab, from the Font group click the required button.
- 1 – Click the drop-down arrow next to the Underline button for a list of underline options including dashes, double-underline and the ability to change the underline colour.
- 2 – Click to apply strikethrough.
- 3 – Click to apply subscript.
- 4 – Click to apply superscript.
- 5 – Click to apply text effects. Includes options for shadow, reflection and glow.
- 6 – Click to grow or shrink the font size of selected text.
- 7 – Click to change the case of the selected text, e.g. from uppercase to lowercase.
- 8 – Click to remove all formatting from selected text
Tip: Click the dialog box launcher in the Font group for even more formatting options.