PROBLEM: wasting time trying to cover up graphics that are pulled through from the Design template and displayed on individual slides.
SOLUTION: learn how to hide background graphics in PowerPoint.
PowerPoint – Hiding background graphics
PowerPoint comes loaded with fabulous pre-designed Themes. When a Theme is selected the fonts, colour sets and background graphics of the Theme will automatically be applied to your presentation.
Likewise background images such as logos can be stored in the background of your company PowerPoint templates. Hiding these for individual slides or indeed the entire presentation can sometimes be challenging.
Thankfully you can easily hide background graphics.
To do this:
- Select the slide for which you want to hide the background graphics.
- PowerPoint 2010: On the Design tab from the Background group click Hide Background Graphics.
PowerPoint 2013 and 2016: On the Design tab from the Customize group click Format Background. Select Hide Background Graphics and then close the Format Background pane.
- The graphics will be hidden.
To hide the background graphics on all slides:
- PowerPoint 2010: On the Design tab click the dialog box launcher on the Background group.
PowerPoint 2013 and 2016: On the Design tab from the Customize group click Format Background.
- Select Hide background graphics and then click Apply to All.