PROBLEM: Spending too much time formatting tables/lists of data in Excel.
SOLUTION: Make data lists look fantastic in just a few clicks using the Tables feature.
Excel – Quickly apply borders and colour to your data
Make use of the Table Formats gallery without including the Table functionality.
To do this:
- Select the data range you would like to apply the Table format to.
- On the Home tab click Format as Table and then select a suitable format from the gallery.
- The Format as Table dialog box will be displayed. Click OK.
- Excel will apply the format and Table elements to your data and the Table Tools, Design tab will be displayed.
- Now to keep the formats but disable the Table functionality, on the Design tab click Convert to Range. The Table elements will be removed but the formats will remain.