Microsoft® Excel Combining, Analysing and Reporting – Stage 3
Half-day course (3.5 hours)
About this course
This half-day course has been designed to introduce the features that assist you in combining, analysing and reporting on large data lists.
The aim is to ensure you gain a good grounding in analysing and reporting using functions and advanced Excel features.
Who should attend?
This course is definitely for you if …
- You find yourself spending a lot of time reformatted data before it can be useful
- You want to learn how to combine and cross-reference from multiple worksheets
- You want to analyse your data quickly using functions
- You want to learn how to quickly consolidate and analyse data into meaningful Pivot Table reports
Proficiency in creating, formatting, editing, saving and printing an Excel workbook. This includes the ability to create formulas and insert functions.
By the end of this course you should be able to confidently:
- Use functions, and data cleaning features to prepare data so that it’s fit for analysis and reporting
- Quickly combine and cross-reference data from multiple worksheets
- Manage and analyse data using Tables
- Create dynamic reports using Pivot Tables
Need proof of your Continuing Professional Development (CPD)? On completion of the session, by request, we will send you a “Certificate of Attendance” confirming your participation and the duration of the training session.
If you are looking for an advanced course that includes time to complete practical exercises please refer to our full day course Excel Data Cleaning and Reporting.
Preparing data for reporting
- Identify and removing duplicate records
- Change numbers formatted as text back to numbers
- Join the content of several cells into one cell
- Split a single column of data into several columns
- Quickly remove unwanted text and unwanted spaces inside of cells
Combining and analysing data
- Pull data from multiple worksheets into one summary sheet
- Use the VLOOKUP function to match and pull data from other data lists
- Manage and analyse data ranges using the Table feature
- Use dynamic Table ranges in formulas and Pivot Tables
Creating Pivot Tables
- Ensure your data is fit for pivoting
- Create a new Pivot Table
- Understand the Pivot Table cache
- Change the layout and formatting of the report
- Control how the data, totals and subtotals are displayed and summarized
- Sort and filter the data
- Insert Slicers (and Timelines in Excel 2013 and 2016 only)
- Group dates by month, quarter and year
- Display values as percentages of totals
- Refreshing and resetting the source data
- Create a PivotTable from multiple worksheets
Please see Pricing and Booking details below.
The course was awesome!
Thank you for the course, it was great! I’d definitely recommend it to anyone.
Redaw Matthews, Ergo Consulting Limited
Price and Booking details
We bring the training to you…
That’s right! We don’t run scheduled courses. We come to your place of work.
Avoid traffic and parking hassles and learn at work. And if you don’t have a laptop, we can lend you one.
Price: $275 + GST per person, with a minimum booking of two people. Just for you? Click the button below to check out our coaching options.
Please contact us to make a booking or for pricing if you would like to run this course for a large group or as personal coaching.