About this course
Outlook is a premium personal information manager offering e-mail management, contact, calendar and task list management. Outlook can be used as a stand-alone application or can work with MS Exchange Server which offers the ability for multiple users to share mailboxes and calendars.
After attending one of our sessions you will be able to identifiy and utilise the features and customisations that promote a more efficient way of dealing with your day-to-day activities within Outlook.
About this course
This course leads on from learning the basics of Outlook. The aim is to teach you the features in mail, calendar, contacts and tasks that promote a more efficient way to deal with your day to day activities within Outlook. Each topic focuses on teaching you how to set and manage your priorities using features and custom modifications.
Who should attend?
This course is appropriate for anyone who uses Outlook in a business environment.
This course is definitely for you if …
- You are finding yourself overwhelmed by your Inbox and Sent Items folder
- You find yourself wasting time filing and trying to locate messages
- You are wanting to learn the new features of a new version of Outlook
- You want to learn how to have Outlook automatically process your mail items
- You want to feel confident that you are in control of your messages, meetings contacts and tasks
You will already be proficient at using Microsoft® Outlook to send and receive messages
By the end of this course, you should be able to confidently:
- Manage mail items, including filing, searching and categorising messages
- Organise your Calendar appointments and task list
- Collaborate with others – set up and manage meetings for yourself and others
- Delegate tasks to others
- Work efficiently using shortcuts and Outlook features that save you time
- Setup and maintain a Contact list
Delivery and learning method
Workshop delivery consists of 3.5 hours hands-on tuition. Please note the duration is set for a maximum of 12 people. Individual coaching can be customised to suit. Please contact us to discuss.
Manage mail items
- Arrange your folders for quick processing
- Automatically file, forward, delete or defer messages using Rules and Quick Steps
- Automatically process items even when you are out of the office
- Files as you read and send messages
- Search using simple filters, detailed criteria and Search folders
- Identify messages using colour
- Group and sort messages
- Control the size of your mailbox
Organise your time
- Eliminate distractions and keep on task
- Customise the Calendar to show multiple weeks and nonadjacent days side-by-side
- Allocate time to action a message request by quickly turning the message into a Calendar item
- Create a To-Do list.
- Allocate time for each task in your Calendar.
Collaborate with others
- Share your Calendar information with others
- Delegate tasks to others
- Easily find meeting times that suit everyone
- Tracking meeting replies
- Use keyboard shortcuts to move around the screen, create and send messages
- Create reusable text blocks for messages
- Set up multiple signatures
- Add commands to the Quick Access Toolbar
- Resend and recall messages
- Quickly read attachments without having to open them
- Categorise messages, appointments, contacts and tasks using colour
- Flag items to create notes and follow-up reminders for yourself and others
- Saving Contact details
- Create Contact Groups for quick communication
Need proof of your Continuing Professional Development (CPD)? On completion of the session, by request, we will send you a “Certificate of Attendance” confirming your participation and the duration of the training session.
Please see Price and Booking details below.
Straight forward, aimed at my level of use
Nice speed and style. Relevant tips. Good at checking if any questions…Really great to have someone who knows what they’re talking about and has heaps of experience…Most enjoyed your friendliness and ease of discussion…Relaxed atmosphere, easy to understand presentation…I now have a better understanding of Outlook.
Collective feedback from New Zealand Retailers Association
Price and Booking details
We bring the training to you…
That’s right! We don’t run scheduled courses. We come to your place of work.
Avoid traffic and parking hassles and learn at work. And if you don’t have a laptop, we can lend you one.
Price: $275 + GST per person, with a minimum booking of two people.
Please contact us to make a booking or for pricing if you would like to run this course for a large group or as personal coaching.