About this course
Word is a powerful word-processor designed to simplify creating, formatting and cross-referencing documents, no matter the complexity of the document.
After attending one of our sessions you will be able to confidently utilise the power of Word to create professional polished documents.
About this course
This full-day hands-on course takes you through creating a professionally styled business document which includes a cover page, table of contents, page numbering, headings and sub headings, bullets and numbering (including sub-para numbering), photos, an organisational chart and tables of text and data. A mail merge to a letter template and to labels will also be performed using data held in an Excel workbook.
Exercises and practice files are supplied for use during the training and for use post-training, allowing you the opportunity to repeat the exercises again in your own time.
The course is primarily for people who already understand the fundamentals of working with Microsoft® Word and who now wish to use the power of Word to create professional polished documents.
Who should attend?
This course will suit anybody who wants to learn how to quickly create documents that are professional in look and functionality.
This course is perfect for you if…
- You find yourself spending hours resetting paragraph numbering, page numbering and page breaks
- You are wanting to learn the new features of a new version of Word
- You prepare and share documents with other people
- You want to include cross-references within your document so that they are automatically updated when modifications are made
- You want your documents to look and function professionally
You will already have the essential skills needed to create, format, edit, save and print Word documents.
By the end of this course, participants should be able to confidently:
- Format and update paragraphs with bullet points, numbering and controlled spacing
- Present balanced columns of text and numbers using tables
- Change the document formats using Section Breaks
- Repeat text or graphics at the top and bottom of each page using headers and footer
- Insert photo and image files, diagrams and flowcharts
- Mail merge to a letter and to labels
- Use the Envelopes and Labels command to quickly print on to stationery
- Use Styles to quickly apply formatting to headings and body text
- Automatically generate and update a table of contents, footnotes and endnotes
Workshop delivery consists of 6 hours hands-on tuition. Please note the duration is set for a maximum of 12 people. Individual coaching can be customised to suit. Please contact us to discuss.
Bullets and Numbering
- Applying bullet points to paragraphs
- Numbering paragraphs
- Creating sub-paragraphs
- Inserting a Table
- Using the Table drawing tools
- Inserting text into a table
- Inserting rows and columns
- Merging and splitting cells
- Deleting rows and columns
- Changing column width and row height
- Resizing and moving a table
Inserting photos, image files and diagrams
- Inserting pictures
- Inserting shapes and diagrams
- Applying formatting
- Inserting section breaks to control page orientation.
- Formatting sections
Headers, footers and page numbering
- Creating a header and footer
- Using section breaks with headers and footers
- Inserting and removing automatic page numbering
- Using section breaks with page numbering
Printing Envelopes and Labels
- Printing an envelope
- Creating labels
- Understanding mail merge
- Creating a mail merge document
- Linking the data source to the mail merge document
- Creating labels using mail merge
- Using the Quick Style gallery and Word’s default styles
- Creating a new style
- Modifying styles
Working with large documents
- Inserting footnotes and endnotes
- Generating a table of contents
- Updating references
- Navigation tips for working in large documents
Need proof of your Continuing Professional Development (CPD)? On completion of the session, by request, we will send you a “Certificate of Attendance” confirming your participation and the duration of the training session.
Price varies depending on the training method. Please contact us for a quote.
Thanks again for the training you were great!
Such a nice environment too. I feel so much more at ease now with the applications and am ready to start playing around with the tools more!
Robyn Garry – Personal Assistant – Keith Goodall and Associates
Many thanks for the time and effort you put into teaching us!
Many thanks for the time and effort you put into teaching us! Your easy-going attitude and simple straight forward examples make it much more fun to learn.
Sue Dikvert, Kensington Swan Lawyers