PROBLEM: wasting time answering emails when you should be working on something else.
SOLUTION: have your Calendar view displayed first when you open Outlook. That way you will start the day focusing on what needs to be achieved and won’t be tempted to waste time on emails.
Outlook – Start Outlook in the Calendar view
Some may argue that the best way to use Outlook is to check what you have planned for the day before you start reading your emails. If this is how you would like to work you might like to change the start-up option so that the Calendar viewis displayed as soon as you open Outlook.
To do this:
- From the File tab select Options.
- Click the Advanced tab and then scroll to Outlook start and exit.
- Click the Browse button to the right of the Start Outlook in this folder box.
- Select Calendar from the list and then click OK.
- Click OK again until you close all of the dialog boxes.
- Close Outlook and then open it. The Calendar will now be displayed.
If you are looking for more tips on how to get the most out of dealing with your Calendar, check out our Outlook – Managing you mailbox course. It’s packed it full of features designed to save you huge amounts of time.
If you found this post helpful please ‘Like’ us!