PROBLEM: Drawing the perfect square, circle or triangle can be very difficult and time consuming, especially if you have shaky hands!
SOLUTION: Follow these steps to learn how to create a perfect shape in seconds.
Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook – Inserting perfect shapes
Inserting shapes into a document is easy. However, constraining a shape to look like a perfect square, circle or triangle can be a little more difficult. To use a Shape:
1. Click the Insert tab and then click Shapes.
2. Select a suitable Shape from the gallery.
3. Click and drag to draw the Shape.
- To constrain line shapes to 15 degree angels hold down SHIFT as you click and drag.
- To draw perfect closed-in shapes hold down SHIFT as you click and drag, e.g. to create a perfect square select the Rectangle tool and then press SHIFT as you click and drag to draw the shape.
Note: pressing CTRL while drawing a shape resizes the Shape from the centre.