PROBLEM: boring on-screen PowerPoint presentations!!
SOLUTION: make a PowerPoint presentation interactive. Excellent for trade show presos and presentations that your audience will view at their desk.
PowerPoint – linking using Action buttons and hyperlinks
You can easily make your presentation interactive by inserting action buttons. Action buttons are pre-programmed to perform set actions within the presentation. For example if I wanted my presentation to be seen on-screen and the viewer to click a “Next” button to move the next slide or a “Previous” button to move back, I could insert an action button to do this.
- Go to the slide that requires the action button.
- On the Insert tab click Shapes.
- From the Action Buttons group at the bottom of the list select the Forward or Next button.
- Click to place the action button on to the slide.
- The Action Settings dialog box will be displayed. The Hyperlink will be preset to Next Slide. Cick OK.
- Run the slide show and click the button. You will be immediately taken to the next visible slide in the presentation.
Try out similar action buttons. For example, “Back or Previous”, “Beginning and End”.
If you found this post helpful please ‘Like’ us!