PROBLEM: Wasting time searching your Inbox for related messages.
SOLUTION: Arrange your Inbox to display messages by conversation.
Outlook 2010, 2013 and 2016 – Arranging messages by Conversation
We receive hundreds, if not thousands of emails during our working week. As they arrive into the Inbox they are most often arranged in date order, newest at the top of the list, oldest at the bottom.
However you can customise how your messages are arranged within the Message pane.
To do this:
- Right-click the Arranged By heading at the top of the Message List.
- Select Show as Conversation.
- Select if you want to apply this setting to the current folder or all folders.
- The Arrange By: option will now display (Conversations) and your messages will now be grouped by conversation. This makes it easy to locate and read all related messages, i.e. replies, replies to replies and so on.This is also a fabulous way to locate and move all related messages into a folder! Just turn on Show as Conversations, find the conversation group, select all of the messages in the group and move them all to a folder.
Note: Show in Groups organises messages into groups. For example if the Arrange By setting is Date messages will be organised into groups for Today, Yesterday, Last week, Three weeks ago, Older.
If you found this post helpful please ‘Like’ us!
If you enjoyed this post you may also enjoy:
- Searching for and finding emails in Outlook
- Select only the days you want to see in your Outlook Calendar
- Why are my Outlook folders no longer alphabetically listed?