PROBLEM: wasting time crafting multiple copies of the same presentation for different audiences and then having to make updates and edits to ALL copies (ahhhhh).
SOLUTION: create multiple presentations from the one PowerPoint file.
Create multiple presentations for different audiences from the one PowerPoint file
You can create multiple presentations from the one PowerPoint file. This allows you to customise the presentation to suit multiple audiences and saves you the time of having to create and edit the presentation content in more than one file. To create a custom presentation:
- On the Slide Show tab click Custom Slide Show and then select Custom Shows.
2. The Custom Shows dialog box will be displayed. Click New.
3. In the Slide show name box give your custom show a name. Make sure the name helps you to easily identify the custom show content, e.g. Health and Safety for Warehouse Staff.
4. Click a slide you would like added to the custom presentation and then click Add. Repeat these steps until you have all of the slides you require.
5. Click OK.
6. Continue to create a custom show for each audience you will be presenting to.
7. To run the show on the Slide Show tab click Custom Slide Show. Select the custom show name from the list or from the Custom Shows dialog box select the custom show name and then click Show.
If you found this post helpful please ‘Like’ us!
You might also like:
- PowerPoint – add additional text, formatting and your logo to audience handouts
- Updating your PowerPoint presentation with your company template
- Shortcut keys for confidently controlling a PowerPoint presentation