PROBLEM: wasting time manually changing cell references in Excel from relative (e.g. A3) to absolute (e.g. $A$3).
SOLUTION: learn the relative to absolute shortcut key!
Quickly changing an Excel reference from Relative to Absolute (a.k.a fixed or anchored)
- Select the cell that holds the absolute reference.
- In the formula bar click the insertion point inside the cell reference.
- Press F4. Keep pressing F4 until you have the reference format you require.
If you found this post helpful please ‘Like’ us!
If you enjoyed this post you may enjoy:
- Excel – 5 Paste tips that will save you HEAPS of time
- Change the text to uppercase, lowercase or first capital using Excel functions
- Excel – why is my figure displayed as a date?