PROBLEM: when an Outlook email alert notifies us of new mail we often read the message and reply to it later. The problem is we’re reading (and thinking about) those messages twice.
SOLUTION: save time by dealing with the email once! To avoid temptation turn the email alert off!
Outlook – Turn off the Mail desktop alert
- In Outlook click the File tab and then select Options.
- Click Mail.
- In the Message Arrival group remove the check mark from the Display a Desktop Alert option.
- Click OK.
Now try hard to only check your messages at set times during the day. You will be surprised how much more you will get done!
BTW, This is a MUST for when you are presenting to clients. It can be very embarrassing to have a personal email displayed on the screen while you are presenting to others…especially if the content of the message is something you would rather not share!
If you found this post helpful please ‘Like’ us!
If you found this post helpful you may also enjoy
- Searching for and finding emails in Outlook
- Start Outlook in the Calendar view
- Create and send an email message using keyboard shortcuts