Learn how to copy and paste excluding hidden columns or rows.
Ever tried to copy and paste data thinking you will be pasting, excluding the hidden columns or rows?
Copying a data range that contains hidden data can be challenging. You may have tried this and found that the hidden data travels with the copied range.
In this post I’ll explain how to copy and paste only the visible data – hidden cells are excluded.
Copy and paste excluding hidden columns or rows
- First select the data range, including the hidden rows or columns.
2. Press F5.
3. Click Special and then select Visible Cells Only.
4. Click OK.
5. Now Copy the selected cells and then Paste them where required. Only the visible cells will be pasted.
We cover this and many more copying and pasting tips in our Excel courses.
Please ‘Like’ and ‘Share’ if you found this helpful.
Other posts you may enjoy:
- Use VLOOKUP to compare two lists
- Excel shortcut tips using Ctrl, Shift and the arrow keys
- Paste Values shortcut in Excel
- How can I create a list of Weekdays only?