About this Microsoft Outlook course
This course leads on from learning the basics of Microsoft Outlook. The aim is to teach you the features in mail, calendar, contacts and tasks that promote a more efficient way to deal with your day to day activities within Microsoft Outlook. Each topic focuses on teaching you how to set and manage your priorities using features and custom modification.
Please note: this training is for Microsoft Outlook for Windows client with sharing capabilities through Microsoft Exchange. Although the teaching may complement other versions, this course isn’t suitable for Microsoft Outlook for Mac, mobile. Microsoft Mail, Office 365 Web app or Outlook standalone versions.
Who should attend?
This course is appropriate for anyone who uses Microsoft Outlook in a business environment.
This course is definitely for you if …
- You are finding yourself overwhelmed by your Inbox and Sent Items folder
- You find yourself wasting time filing and trying to locate messages
- You are wanting to learn the new features of a new version of Outlook
- You want to learn how to have Microsoft Outlook automatically process your mail items
- You want to feel confident that you are in control of your messages, meetings contacts and tasks
You will already be proficient at using Microsoft Outlook to send and receive messages
By the end of this course, you should be able to confidently:
- Manage mail items, including filing, searching, flagging and categorising messages
- Organise your Calendar appointments and task list
- Collaborate with others – set up and manage meetings for yourself and others
- Delegate tasks to others
- Work efficiently using shortcuts and Outlook features that save you time
- Setup and maintain a Contact list
Workshop delivery consists of 3.5 hours hands-on tuition. Please note the duration is set for a maximum of 12 people. Individual coaching can be customised to suit. Please contact us to discuss.
Need proof of your Continuing Professional Development (CPD)? On completion of the session, by request, we will send you a “Certificate of Attendance” confirming your participation and the duration of the training session.
Price and Booking details
We bring the training to you. That’s right! We don’t run scheduled courses. We come to your place of work on a day and time that works for you. Avoid traffic and parking hassles and learn at work. And if you don’t have a laptop, we can lend you one. Pricing is adjusted depending on the number of attendees. Minimum of 3, maximum of 12.
3 to 4 people – $305+GST per person
5 to 7 people – $285+GST per person
8 to 12 people – $265+GST per person
Manage mail items
- Arrange your folders for quick processing
- Automatically file, forward, delete or defer messages using Rules and Quick Steps
- Files as you read and send messages
- Search using simple filters, detailed criteria and Search folders
- Control the size of your mailbox
Setup your Mailbox your way
- Quickly identify important messages using colour
- Setup quick access to your favourite folders
- Add commands to the Quick Access Toolbar
- Arrange messages for quick processing
Organise your time
- Customise the Calendar to show multiple weeks and nonadjacent days side-by-side
- Allocate time to action a message request by quickly turning the message into a Calendar item
- Create a To-Do list
- Allocate time for each task in your Calendar
Collaborate with others
- Share your Calendar information with others
- Delegate tasks to others
- Easily find meeting times that suit everyone
- Track meeting replies
- Save Contact details
- Use keyboard shortcuts to move around the screen, create and send messages
- Linking vs attaching files
- Create reusable text blocks for messages
- Set up multiple signatures
- Resend and recall messages
- Categorise messages, appointments, contacts and tasks using colour
- Flag items to create notes and follow-up reminders for yourself and others
- Automatically process items even when you are out of the office