About this course
This half-day, high-end intermediate level course has been designed to introduce the features that assist you in combining, analysing and reporting on large data lists.
Topics include super helpful tips on preparing data for use in VLOOKUP formulas, creating dynamic ranges using Tables, and producing Pivot Table reports
Who should attend?
This course is definitely for you if …
- You’re spending a lot of time reformatted data before it can be useful
- You want to learn how to combine and cross-reference data from multiple worksheets
- It would save you a lot of time learning how to analyse your data quickly using the VLOOKUP function
- You want to learn how to quickly consolidate and analyse data into meaningful Pivot Table reports
Proficiency in creating, formatting, editing, saving and printing an Excel workbook. This includes the ability to create formulas and insert functions.
By the end of this course you should be able to confidently:
- Use the VLOOKUP function to quickly combine and cross-reference data pulled from multiple worksheets
- Use functions, and data cleaning features to prepare data so that it’s fit for use in a VLOOKUP and in Pivot Table reporting
- Manage and analyse data using Excel Tables
- Create dynamic reports using Pivot Tables
Need proof of your Continuing Professional Development (CPD)? On completion of the session, by request, we will send you a “Certificate of Attendance” confirming your participation and the duration of the training session.
Workshop delivery consists of 3.5 hours hands-on tuition. Please note the duration is set for a maximum of 12 people.
Price and Booking details
We bring the training to you. That’s right! We don’t run scheduled courses. We come to your place of work on a day and time that works for you. Avoid traffic and parking hassles and learn at work. And if you don’t have a laptop, we can lend you one. Pricing is adjusted depending on the number of attendees. Minimum of 3, maximum of 12.
3 to 4 people – $285+GST per person
5 to 7 people – $265+GST per person
8 to 12 people – $245+GST per person
Lookup and cross-reference
- Combine data from multiple worksheets into one summary sheet using the VLOOKUP function
- Avoid the things that cause a VLOOKUP not to work
Preparing data for reporting
- Identify and removing duplicate records
- Change numbers formatted as text back to numbers
- Join the content of several cells into one cell
- Split a single column of data into several columns
- Quickly remove unwanted text and unwanted spaces inside of cells
- Manage and analyse data ranges using the Table feature
- Use dynamic Table ranges in formulas and Pivot Tables
Creating Pivot Tables
- Ensure your data is fit for pivoting
- Create a new Pivot Table
- Understand the Pivot Table cache
- Change the layout and formatting of the report
- Control how the data, totals and subtotals are displayed and summarized
- Sort, filter and rank the data
- Insert Slicers (and Timelines in Excel 2013 and 2016 only)
- Move items into logical groups for ease of summarizing and performing data analysis
- Group dates by month, quarter and year
- Display values as percentages of totals
- Create calculations within the Pivot Table
- Refreshing and resetting the source data
Creating pivot charts
The course was awesome!
Thank you for the course, it was great! I’d definitely recommend it to anyone.
Redaw Matthews, Ergo Consulting Limited
Great course. Well worthwhile.
Tania Morris – AB Equipment
It was invaluable!
Thank you so much. I really meant it when I said it was invaluable. Just the simple tools you gave us, like LEFT and TRIM etc are so useful, let alone the amazing things we’ll be able to do with VLOOKUP and MATCH and INDEX and TEXT etc. Very exciting.
Rachael Stevenson – Alexander Dorrington Lawyers
This was a great course
I will save 1 to 2 hours a day and additional time for my team as I will be running them through some of the content. Thank you!! This was a great course.
Bridget Armstrong – Kotahi Logistics